The following topics would be covered in this Mediation Talk:
- How to deal with an opponent who is hostile to mediation?
- How to deal with an opponent who shows obvious signs that he is insincere about the mediation as soon as it is started?
- Lawyers' role at the mediation
- How useful is pre-mediation conference?
- Are joint sessions helpful or should parties go straight to caucus?
- How to deal with an intransigent client or opponent?
- What can be used when doing reality test?
- When should the mediator 'call it a day'?
- Problems faced / experienced by mediators/parties
- Choice of mediator
HKIAC: 1.5 points
HKMAAL and Law Society of Hong Kong: (Pending1.5 points)